May 30, 2009

a day worth celebrating

My dad used to be the source of my inspiration. He was the only person who really motivated me to study hard and perform well in my studies. Although he was really strict, I never really complained about it because what I wanted was also what he wanted for me, which is to excel in my academic. Even though I was 15 years old, my dad kept me grounded by making sure I do not go out with my friends, or even have them over at my place. My phone calls were limited, sometimes they were even recorded to keep track of me. I was allowed to have a cell phone, but that was the closest I could get to the outside world. I was a real nerd at that time, I recall holding a book even during my meals and I would hide myself in my room all the time studying even when there were no exams. The only entertainment I had were my Lee Hom CDs because I was crazy over him and I wanted to marry him, technically because he was the only guy I knew. Well you see, my dad was so strict that I had to attend a girl's school so that I don't get distracted by boys.

Looking back, it wasn't really that bad because scoring straight high As was a norm, AT THAT TIME. My daddy's all time quote was : "80 only!?! Why not 90?" and "90 only!?! Why not 100?"

But the past is the past. The current is totally opposite from the past.

29th of May:

Today is my lovely daddy's big day, so me and my sis decided to pay him a visit and surprise him with a birthday present. We ended up going to Swiss Garden for a buffet dinner, and that's where the interesting part of this post begins...

LOTSA YUMMY FOOD!!!




I was walking around choosing what to eat, and suddenly I saw my favourite food in front of my eyes. I was so greedy that I took alot of it - my all time favourite petai with sambal belacan...gawd my breath and pee stinks like mad now...

...till I realize that the petai tasted so awful because it was raw...so my cousin Susan gave me the greatest idea which was to get the teppanyaki chef to tepanyakki my petai. I promise you the cooking of the petai smell was so strong it could be detected from where we were sitting. While waiting patiently, I was fascinated by this DIY salad thingamajiggy, and so I played chef for a bit...

the outcome...

not bad huh? and then still waiting...so I gulped down this whole plate of delicious oysters...

the food was finally ready, this was the closest to sambal petai udang / sotong /wtv it could get...

and then the best part...(specially for my boyfriend Sean to see)

the long row of desserts

assorted cakes

and assorted tarts

this was really yummy - white chocolate cream puff with lots of white chocolate shavings

chocolate mousse again with white chocolate shavings

nyek nyek nyek, my boyfriend is a white-chocoholic <3

As all of you know, desserts go perfectly well with a nicely brewed cup of coffee or tea. So being the "good" short, fat, and lazy to walk sister, I made my little brother get me a tea bag from the counter for my cup of luke warm water. Little did I know...

that little weirdo came back and started dancing with my tea bag which he opened and dropped on the floor, and there goes my tea...

Okay, enough of food. That's not the main point.

Daddy doesn't read my blog, but I hope he knows that I really appreciate and love him very much. He still is the source of my inspiration and always will be.

Oh, today isn't just my dad's birthday. It is also the birthday of my favourite football player, Andrey Arshavin!!! So happy birthday to him. It is such a coincident that both their birthdays fall on the same day. Haha. Don't hate me because you ain't me! Bah :P

No comments: