February 20, 2009

One Little Mistake That Made A Difference

I've stayed in this house, this room, for almost 5 months ever since Uni began. I share the same bathroom with one other girl who stays in the room next to mine. I've had a number of different toilet mates who have moved in and moved out due to the break-ins that have been going on all this while. My current toilet mate has been the most loyal one, she has moved in for almost 3 months now. To your surprise, I don't know her name still. Well, not until yesterday...

I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom before I went out for a run in the evening. While I was happily picking up my toothbrush from the sink area, I accidently swept my hand across the sink and hit my toilet mate's cup. The cup fell into the sink and it kind of chipped. It scared the guts out of me, I didn't know what to do. For one moment I just wanted to put the cup back and pretended nothing happened. I felt guilty at last, so I wrote a note to my toilet mate to apologize and I was willing to pay her back then slipped the note under her room door...

This was pasted on my door when I arrived home after the run...

I finally know her name - Regina :)

Honestly, I didn't really have a good impression of her before this. I tried my best to be friendly and greeted her everytime I bumped into her in Uni. It is probably my height problem, she is extremely tall and hardly notices me even when I walk pass her in the corridor in front of our rooms, which explains why she ignored me the every time I smiled at her.

She started to smile and greet me every time we saw each other ever since yesterday, which is good.

I realize, sometimes it just takes us a little initiative and slight effort to get to know somebody, which just might make a big difference to that somebody.

2 comments:

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Yes, yes, I know tat u think that i am either very unfriendly or very proud in Sem 1. Yes, u shud take the initiative to know me...hehehehe(^0^)

Eileen said...

LOL...That is SOO SOO TRUE!!! You need to be more friendly too, especially to people like me :P