February 16, 2009

Bob The Builder, WE MUST BUILD!

In secondary school, it was compulsory for all of us to take a subject called Living Skills, or the more familiar term for the ear would be Kemahiran Hidup. While we were learning this subject, it was a must to complete a number of projects which included sewing, cooking, electronic and the most enjoyable wood work. Wood work - Kerja Kayu was the term we used then.

Last night, Sean and myself spent some time reminiscing old school times. He couldn't stand the sight of my thousand and one pairs of shoes scattered all around my bedroom so he decided to buy me a shoe rack and a stand to hang my clothes with all my unnecessary stuff. The two items he bought required self fixing which was what made Sean extremely excited when the time came for him to fix the parts together.



I wanted to help Sean fix the parts together and I did, I promise! However, the screws were too stubborn and I couldn't place them properly. No, it's not an excuse. Even Sean couldn't put them in their places, I have pictures to prove it...

Placing the screw in it's place...

Screwing it in...(tries really hard)

Tries even harder......Argh, give up!

So it didn't work. We had to leave the joints of the clothing stand unscrewed at the end of the day, but it was firm enough, so thank God! Phew.

This is what it looks like.

Sean's brilliant idea came true, yay!

This is what it looks like now.

No comments: